#4 TUTORIAL - GLOWY BLUR
#3 TUTORIAL - HALFTONE PATTERN
#1 tutorial - grainy effect
How to achieve something like this:
Anonymous: hi! :) could you make a tutorial on how to make like, that blurry effect on the background? like in the last edit of dianna you posted :) I've been trying to figure out but I just don't know :/
ok, let me just try to explain this real simple:
- just edit your photo like you normally would (this includes coloring + sizing + sharpening) and make sure to right-click and select “flatten image” if you are using several layers. this is the one i’m working with.
- now duplicate the layer of your edited photo and use the gaussian blur to blur the copy. it should look like this (i set my radius to 20 pixels, btw). remember that you are still working with 2 layers so your layers window should look like this.
- deselect (eye thingy) your blurred layer and use any tool to select what you want to NOT be blurred at the end. in this case we what to exclude Emma from the blurriness. this is how it should look like.
- select (eye thingy) your blurred layer once again. you’ll see that what you selected previously will still be selected. it should look like this.
- using the eraser tool, erase what is selected. you musy click on the blurred layer now (in order to select it - like this) or else you won’t be able to erase. it should look something like this.
- after that you can make any adjustments you want. to personalize it a bit more, you know. this is the finished product.